Tue Aug 31 23:56:04 PDT 1999 — The migration of our PacBell DSL customers to our huge new T3 circuit went well. Downtime for 95% of the customers was 30 minutes, and the other 5% took about 15 more minutes to get configured and online. The new T3 offers a full 40 Megabits of bandwidth, as opposed to our old circuit which was only 1.5 Megabits. This means blazing speed for those bandwidth hungry DSL modems, and no congestion during prime time! In addition, the new router supports a secure arp method which allows DSL users to reach each other’s PCs directly, for online gaming for example.
Please post any feedback to news:sonic.net – thanks! -Dane