I spent yesterday evening babysitting the…

Fri Feb 6 18:34:31 PST 1998 — I spent yesterday evening babysitting the hunt group in an effort to find out if we had bad equipment or bad phone lines which were causing fast busy signals. We worked with Pacific Bell to isolate an improperly configured line which was causing users to get an error recording or fast busy signal instead of getting online. We’ve fixed it, and things are looking great here. I hope that this signals the end of our string of telco and equipment problems. Here’s a brief summary: Bad PacBell switch setup of series completion hunting was limited to a small number of lines, so 92 ports were unavailable to customers. Fixed January 13th. Bad USR implimentation of DMS custom switch protocol caused caller-ID blocked originators to get a fast busy signal. Fixed February 4th. Bad PacBell switch setup of BRI to PRI hunt group bridging was not allowing users to reach all of our equipment. 92 new ports were unavailable to customers. Fixed February 6th.

Thanks for standing by us as we worked out these issues! We’re still working on ‘Unable to negotate a compatable set of network protocols’ with the Intelliserver gear, and with some intermittant problems with authentication. -Dane and everyone else!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

*