Brief outage in San Francisco 05-20-2020

Correction: This impacted a subset of DSL customers. If you continue to experience any issues, please powercycle your modem, and call our support team as necessary. We apologize for any confusion.

This morning, 05-20-2020, we experienced a brief outage on our fiber network starting at 8am that was repaired at 8:30am. If you are experiencing a loss of connection on your fiber line please try power cycling your ONT and if issues still persist please reach out to our support team at 855-394-0100.

6 comments for “Brief outage in San Francisco 05-20-2020

1. Tom Hansen
    May 20, 2020 at 9:27 am

I had a brief outage at about 00:15 on 5/20. I reset my modem, to no effect. Service returned about 115 minutes later, and when I woke up this morning about 8:45 I had no problems. I’ve been using sonic for several years, and I don’t recall any other time when this happened… so, not complaining, just letting you know. I’m at 165 Duboce in SF.

I love you guys, thanks!

2. Dave Marandino
    May 20, 2020 at 10:17 am

Net was working this AM until 9am. I tried power cycle at 930 and again at 10, no improvement. Please advise.
    Residential Fiber, Noe Valley, SF

3. Jerriel Mcdonald
    May 20, 2020 at 11:00 am

Hello! Did you power cycle the ONT and the router? If not please do so for both. Also give our Support Team a call if you need further help!

4. Jerriel Mcdonald
    May 20, 2020 at 11:00 am

Hello Tom! Good to hear that the service is back up. Give our Support Team a call if you have any other problems!

5. Laura Poss
    May 20, 2020 at 2:01 pm

Been on hold on the phone for 40 mins about this, but I live in SF in the Mission and we have been without internet now for the past 2 hours. We’ve power cycled our router twice to no avail.

6. Jerriel Mcdonald
    May 20, 2020 at 2:40 pm

Hello!

I am not seeing any service wide outages anymore. I am sorry for the long wait time. If you message us on Twitter or Facebook we can try to help you out a little faster.

Best Wishes!